(HAVS) Hand Arm Vibratiin Syndrome
Hand Arm Vibratiin Syndrome is no joke! Hands are one of the most important tools we all possess!
If you or your work colleagues use core drills then choosing the right drill is important to limit the transfer of vibration.
FACT…….many core drills are not equipped with any consideration for these irreversible life changing symptoms!
HAVS is preventable, but once the damage is done it is permanent.
HAVS is disabling and the inability to do fine work.
Cold weather can trigger painful finger blanching attacks.
Early signs HAVS and symptoms to look out for…….
- Tingling and numbness in the fingers (which can cause sleep disturbance).
- Not being able to feel things with your fingers.
- Loss of strength in your hands (you may be less able to pick up or hold heavy objects).
- In the cold and wet, the tips of your fingers going white then red and being painful on recovery.
THERE IS NO PRICE ON PREVENTIION BUT WITH MODERN TECHNOLOGY AVAILABLE TODAY THERE IS A CHOICE…….CHOOSE THE BOSS CORE DRILL!
- For more information on hand-arm vibration testing, see HSE’s free leaflet Control the risks from hand-arm vibration INDG175(rev2) and visit HSE’s vibration website at www.hse.gov.uk/vibration/